What is Math Section in AHSGE?
The Alabama High School Graduation Exam (AHSGE) is a pre-graduation test conducted to judge the preparedness of the tenth and eleventh grade students to take up graduate studies after they complete high school. The State of Alabama ordains a diploma to the students in order to pursue higher education and build a rewarding career. However, to receive this diploma, one must pass all the sections of the test in addition to completing the credits as specified by the Alabama State Board of Education and the local schools.
A precise understanding of the test format, sections and content is essential to receive remarkable scores. Therefore, you need to familiarize yourself with the AHSGE Math, science social studies and reading sections. This exam was formulated in order to establish a strong foundation of quality education in the high school. It is quite noticeable that the exam does not consist of a difficult content of AHSGE Math, Social Studies, Science and Reading but all that you have already learnt in your high school.
How to Take the AHSGE Test
In order to be proficient and well prepared for this exam, you may need to have a better outlook of the individual course of study. Every student is given an AHSGE brochure when they enter the ninth grade. This is an aid to help you understand the test requirements and guidelines. A portion of the brochure requires you and your parents to duly sign so as to attain a proof of the fact that you have received the information. Follow the official website of the Alabama Department of Education to keep yourself updated. You may click on the link: http://www.alsde.edu/html/home.asp The exam is divided into 5 sections namely:
- AHSGE Reading
- AHSGE Language
- AHSGE Math
- AHSGE Science
- AHSGE Social Studies
Format of the AHSGE Math Section
The duration of the AHSGE Math exam is 3 hours. The test section takes you through 100 multiple-choice questions with four options each to choose from. The minimum require passing score is 477 marks. The AHSGE Math section is all about mathematical formulae and operations.
Structure of the AHSGE Math Section
The AHSGE Math section judges your knowledge of geometry and algebra. It involves a thorough reading and understanding of formulae, shortcuts, tips & tricks to solve a problem, equations, functions, graphs and other basic mathematical concepts. The more you are proficient and fast in solving the problems, the better. The test comprises of 75% of the questions covering algebra and the rest 25% are the questions coming from pre-geometry.
A very supportive fact of the AHSGE Math test is that you will be provided with a mathematical booklet that contains an entire list of the formulae to solve every problem asked in the test.
You will be asked 4 questions each from the following topics in the AHSGE Math section:
- Apply order of operations
- Add and subtract polynomials
- Multiply polynomials
- Factor polynomials
- Solve multi-step equations
- Solve quadratic equations
- Solve systems of linear equations
- Solve multi-step inequalities
- Identify functions
- Find the range of functions
- Find perimeter, circumference, area, volume
- Find the distance, midpoint, slope
- Graph lines given certain conditions
- Determine solution sets of inequalities
- Translate: Verbal or Symbolic
- Apply properties and relationships between angles
- Apply Pythagorean Theorem
- Apply properties of similar polygons
- Apply properties of geometric figures
- Determine measures of central tendency
- Determine probabilities
- Solve problems: Direct Variation
- Solve problems: Algebraic Concepts
You will be asked 6 questions each from the following topics in the AHSGE Math section:
- Graph: Linear Equations; Common Relations
- Graph: Equations or Inequalities
There are a multitude of websites that offer practice test papers and study tools to help you overcome every difficulty in the exam. However, remember only hard work and dedication pays!
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page