Take ACT Test
Why Should You Take the ACT Test?
What is ACT?
The ACT test is a national admission examination for admission into colleges and the subject areas that will be tested are Mathematics, Sciences, Reading and English. The result of this examination will be accepted by all the universities and colleges in the United States and this is the reason why many students take ACT test. You need to be aware that this is an examination that is offered six times in a year. The test cycle will start from the month of September and the other months when the test will be offered are February, April, June, October and December. Through the result of this test, it will be possible for the admission department of various colleges to judge whether the candidates are ready for higher education in colleges. It will also determine the present level of academic knowledge of the candidates, with regards to the courses that they have selected. This is one important examination you have to take as most colleges will refer to the result of this at the time of deciding which students will get admission.
Why Take ACT Test?
There are many reasons why you should take ACT test. Given below are some of them:
- One of the most important reasons why you should take this test is because the result of this test will help you in your college admission. As many colleges are using this exam as a tool to distinguish the applications they get for the various programs, you should take this test too. If you have a good result, then you will certainly be preferred over other candidates.
- It will also be possible for you to find out whether you will be good at a particular career path by referring to the "interest inventory" of the ACT. This is also one of the reasons why many people take ACT test as they want to know whether the field they have in mind will suit them.
- When you take ACT test, you will be able to determine the level of knowledge you have on the subjects that you have learned till date. Since your skills and knowledge in various subjects will be measured, it will be possible for you to determine how comprehensive your knowledge is.
Facts about ACT
- When you choose to take ACT test, you will find that you have the option of taking up to five sections. These are Reading, Writing, English, Maths and Science. It is not necessary for you to work on the Writing section.
- Generally, the test will be conducted at 8 a.m. in the morning and there will be around 215 questions that you will have to work on. There will also be a writing section, in case you opt for it.
- The highest score that you can obtain when you take ACT test is 36.
- There is no negative marking for wrong answers.
If you want to take ACT test, you need to register for the exam at least two months before the last date of college admission. Of course, it is always better to be on the safe side and enrol for the test as soon as you can so that you will be able to get the result on time to apply for the college program. To get a high score, it is essential that you prepare for the same well in advance. There are many study materials that you will find in the market and you can refer to them while preparing for the test. You will also be able to find free practice tests as well as tips to get a good score online. If you know someone who has taken this examination before, you can also ask him for help and suggestions. Try to get as much information as you can about this test so that you will be able to get a high score.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page