Sign Up for the ACT Test
The Easiest Method for Signing Up for ACT
ACT is administered six times a year in the USA. The ACT is also offered worldwide. It is typically administered in the months of September, October, December, February, April and June. It is always administered on a Saturday. The test dates for the ongoing ACT 2011-2012 can be known from the official ACT website at the link: http://www.actstudent.org/regist/dates.html
We shall now look into the details of how to sign up for the ACT test and the easiest method to sign up for the ACT test.
How to Sign Up for ACT?
ACT Inc, USA officially administers the ACT and hence they run an official ACT website from where you can have any information pertaining to the ACT test. One can sign up for the ACT test in two different ways. You can sign up for the ACT test either through the Register-by-Mail packet or online. Registering via mail is nothing but offline registration. Online registration can be made directly from the official website of the ACT. Before you sign up for the ACT test, you must first know the eligibility criteria, test fees and fee waiver services. Most importantly, you must precisely know the differences between testing in USA or Canada as against international testing. If you do not belong to USA or Canada, then you should know that many countries do not have established test centres and also that ACT is not administered at all test centres on the scheduled ACT test dates. Hence, before you sign up for the ACT test, you should see all the options available for you to have a hassle-free registration.
Mostly, students register for the ACT online and there are certain constraints in order to register by mail. Mentioned below are certain norms qualifying which you may request for a Register-by-Mail packet with which you can register for the ACT by mail.
- If you are younger than 13 years of age.
- If you do not possess a credit card in order to pay the required amount of fee.
- If you are an individual applicant. Educational institutions and government agencies in the USA register numerous students and hence they use counselor order forms to get their students registered. If you are not applying through your institute, then you will be considered individual.
In order to get the Register-by-Mail packet, you should fill in the request form. Within a period of one week to ten days, you will be mailed the packet. You can fill in the form at the following link: https://www.actstudent.org/forms/stud_req.html. You will have to fill the received application forms with the required details and must mail it to the designated address.
This way, you can register through mail
Easiest Way to Sign Up for ACT
Registering online can be done directly from the website by creating a web account. Registering online is undoubtedly the easiest way to sign up for the ACT test. The main reason for this is that you can directly find the vacancies in the test centers and can print your test admission ticket right at your home. Moreover, you can make changes to your personal information or select another test date easily; you can view your scores, reports and can even request for additional score reports.
Given below is a step-by-step guide to sign up for the ACT test online.
- First, visit this link, which is the page where you can register online. https://services.actstudent.org/OA_HTML/actibeCAcdLogin.jsp
- On this page, click on the 'create account' tab. On the page that follows, you will be asked whether you have registered already and whether you have taken the ACT already. Answer the questions accordingly. Click on 'continue'.
- Enter your details on the page that follows and your web account will be created. Note that e-mail is the only correspondence and hence make sure that you provide the correct e-mail address.
- You can now login from your web account to sign up for the ACT test online.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page