Register ACT Test
Step-By-Step ACT Test Registration Guide
ACT (American College Testing) registration is a simple process if you have your facts right about registration. ACT registration is a must before the test since walk-in registrations are not entertained at the test center (unless in the case of stand-by testing). The ACT takes place 6 times in a year; September, October, December, February, April and June. The registration dates open almost a month before the actual test dates.
There are mainly two ways to register: ACT test registration online, ACT test registration by mail.
A. The 3 Step Online ACT Registration Guide
Register-ACT-test online: Online registration for ACT is the easiest and the fastest way to register. Test-takers within and outside the U.S. can register for ACT online. However, it is mandatory for the international test-takers who reside outside the U.S to register online.
- Log on to www.actstudent.org. On the register-ACT-test or 'registration' page; you will be required to open an ACT Student Web Account. Provide your basic details; your name, address, username and password. Keep this information handy since it is very important even after you have taken the ACT. The ACT Student Web Account helps you view your scores or score report. It also allows you to make changes in your registration with regards to the dates and test centers.
- Next you will have to fill an online form providing all the details regarding your preferences in the ACT test. All information about your test options and test dates must be accurate. You will also be asked about where you would like ACT to report your scores. Note: This is the place where you must give your preference for opting only for ACT or an ACT plus Writing test. The fees for both the options vary.
- Pay fees through credit card and print admission card. Receive an email notification about the completion of your register-ACT-test process.
Your online registration for ACT is complete.
Note: You cannot register for the ACT test online if you are below the age of 13 or if you don't have a credit card, since all online payment of fees is conducted through a credit card.
Why is Online ACT Registration More Popular
Apart from being convenient, online registration for ACT has a definite advantage since the students can immediately understand about the test center availability. People residing in countries outside the U.S. can avail this opportunity in a convenient way. Students have immediate proof of their payments because the admission card is processed at the end of the transaction. It is also easier to make changes about registration dates and test centers in case of online registration.
B. Step-by-step Guide to Register by Mail
Register-ACT-test by mail: You are eligible to register for ACT by mail only if you are younger than 13 years, you don't possess a credit card or you reside within U.S. or Canada. In locations outside U.S., U.S. Territories, Puerto Rico or Canada test takers must register online only.
- Visit the website: http://www.actstudent.org/forms/stud_req.html
- Fill in the form requesting the Individual Register-by-Mail Packet.
- You will receive the form as well as a preparation guide for preparing for ACT within 7-10 working days.
- Send the filled out information and the required documentation (in case of special needs such as extended time due to disabilities, or any other accommodated testing) to the ACT address that you will find in the official website of ACT.
Your registration by mail is complete.
Other Modes of Registration
Standby Registration: Standby Registration is highly discouraged at ACT and must be used under dire consequences. If you have missed a test date, you can register by standby registration. You may not find place in the test center as this is not guaranteed. Standby testing occurs on first-come-first-admitted basis and also the test center schedules are subject to change. Test takers will not be allowed to add or change anything on score reports. These are the reasons why standby testing is not encouraged as it is very risky.
For standby testing option of register-ACT-test:
- Create an ACT Web Account
- Get the ACT ID assigned to you
- Print the Standby Request Form
- Arrive before 8:00 am at the test center.
- Payment for test will be billed to the test taker at a later date.
You can visit the ACT official webpage for further details: http://www.actstudent.org/index.html
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page