Cost of ACT Test
Can You Afford To Take The ACT?
Cost of ACT test comes in the form of two types of fees. The first one includes the regular registration fee that one has to pay for appearing for the ACT. By paying this fee you are eligible for receiving a personal score report, which is also sent to your high school and to four colleges of your choice. A request has to be made for sending the reports at the time of registration. The other one includes the fee that needs to be paid for availing additional services. Your scores and the score report are available for viewing online through your student web account absolutely fee. The cost of ACT test is considered affordable considering the benefits that it offers you after getting a good ACT score.
The Regular Registration Fee
ACT test is available in two formats: ACT (No Writing) and ACT Plus Writing. The cost of ACT test for the No Writing part comes at a fee of $34.00. If you are taking the ACT Plus Writing, then the cost of ACT test is $49.50.
If you were not able to attempt the ACT Plus Writing or if you took the ACT No Writing after registering for the ACT Plus Writing, then you can request for a fee refund for the Writing test which amounts to $15.50. The decision to attempt the ACT Plus Writing depends on the requirement of the college to which you are applying.
Charges for Additional Services
- If you want to send your scores to more than 4 colleges, then by paying an amount of $10.00 each, you can add two more college options. This cost of ACT test is refundable, if you fail to take the test.
- If you are already registered for taking the ACT and want to re-register using the telephone, then you can avail this service by paying a fee of $13.00. To re-register using the telephone you must have a valid credit/debit card for paying the fees and an ACT ID.
- If you fail to register within the registration deadline, then you can opt for the late registration by paying a fee of $21.00. The late registration can be done only for the U.S. and Canada test locations.
- Another option is available, if you miss the registration deadline for a particular test date. You can opt for Standby Testing. This allows you to take the ACT on a test date suitable for you by filling up the Standby Request Form. This facility is available by paying a fee of $42.00, but does not guarantee that you will be provided with a seat. If a vacancy arises after admitting all the registered students, then you can avail the Standby testing option. For this you need to arrive early at the test center on the particular test date as this facility is made available on first come first served basis.
- You can register for the ACT at locations outside the U.S. and Canada, but this comes for a fee in addition to the regular registration fee. International testing is available by paying a fee of $27.00. One disadvantage of international testing is that all the test centers do not function on all the test dates.
- If you were not able to take the ACT on the date that you had initially registered for, you can request for a test date change by paying a fee of $21.00. If there is a vacant slot available on that particular test date, you will be allotted with a seat. Similarly, you can request for a test center change by paying the fee of $21.00.
- If you want to receive your answer scripts along with the answer key and scoring instructions, you can request for Test Information Release (TIR). This facility is available by paying a fee of $18.00. The materials are available within 4 weeks after viewing your score report.
If you prepare well and take the ACT, then it guarantees a good score. This will open up a door of opportunities. The cost of ACT test which may feel a little heavy at the time of registration will turn out as affordable by thinking about the benefits it offers.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page