What Are the Tutoring Options for ACT?
The Most Preferred ACT Tutoring Options
Tutoring is offered by many companies for students who need help to prepare for the ACT. Before we review a few of the companies offering such tutoring services and options, let us understand how one-on-one tutoring adds value to a student's test preparation:
- Professional guidance provides students with more resources to
study from. Most companies provide books and references specifically
- Customized services also increases the social circle of the candidate whereby he/she can interact with fellow test takers and get improved insight into test preparation methods. This also increases the sense of competition and gives impetus to prepare better as preparing alone can get boring and monotonous.
- Tutoring companies provide, more often than not, official sample prep-test practice to its students; thus helping them replicate the test day in class. This helps them to handle the pressures associated with the test.
- The teachers/tutors of good institutes are generally very well-qualified and they add credibility and value to the preparation of the students.
A list of a few popular tutoring companies:
Private tutoring by Kaplan has the following features:
- The average cost of a private course by Kaplan ranges anywhere between US$1200-4500. The cost structure varies with the kind of course schedule and the level of expertise of the tutor provided by the company. Students should visit their official website (http://www.kaptest.com) for a detailed overview of the costs involved in partaking such services provided by Kaplan.
- These courses offered by Kaplan are personalized and customized to suit the level of difficulty and the requirements of every student taking the course.
- The Kaplan test prep company claims to have expert tutors who have subject-matter expertise and experience in the various aspects of the examination.
- Their options allow students to make a convenient schedule for themselves after discussing the options with their guide. A company like Kaplan, which is dedicated to test-prep, is famous for its student-centric approach towards preparation for various competitive tests.
- In certain cases, students are also allowed a trial of the one-on-one services, before they go ahead with their course. If students do not like the course methodology then they can request for the return of their money.
StudyPoint is quite a well-known company for dedicated preparation of the ACT and the SAT tests. Through StudyPoint's tutoring services, students are taken through the basics of the test first, before taking the course further. Different courses by StudyPoint have different timelines and cost structures for which students can visit the link: http://www.studypoint.com/act-tutoring/leader.php.
- The following are a few other features of the one-on-one courses offered by StudyPoint:
- Their options to tutor are designed to cater to even those students who are unaware of the details of the test. The tutors start by introducing the test to the students and then go ahead with the other aspects of the course.
- The private tutors with StudyPoint help students apply to colleges as well. The course does not only pertain to test prep but it also caters to the nuances that need attention after the test is over.
- Though the company guarantees good scores to students taking their test-prep courses, this guarantee is not without due dedication from the students as well. The course structure is focussed towards students' improvement and the tutors, being experts in their fields, do not let them waste time or resources in the classes.
For more information on the services provided by the company, students can visit its website which is http://www.studypoint.com.
3. Princeton Review:
Private guidance services by Princeton Review has the following features:
- The course consists for more than 24 hours of instructions and discussions that students have with their tutors.
- Students can choose to study in isolation with their tutors and discuss their doubts or, go through video lessons on the various aspects of the examination or take both the options.
- Their packages are dedicated towards knowledge building and score enhancement and therefore; they expect the students to be highly focussed and dedicated.
- The tutors of the company customize subject plans and schedules for students to bring out the best in them through their courses.
The Princeton Review test prep company is a very renowned company for a gamut of competitive tests and students can know more about their options from the link: http://www.princetonreview.com/college/act-tutoring-programs.aspx.
Students can find number of tutoring options through many online, local or, international companies. It is advisable therefore; to thoroughly research your options before you take the help of a tutor or course for your test preparation.