ACT Test Tutoring
Private Tutors for ACT Prep
Candidates preparing for the ACT examination often feel that they would fare better if they could get personalized or customized guidance. If you feel that your preparation for ACT is incomplete or you cannot overcome your weaknesses on your own then you should enroll in the help of a tutor. ACT test tutoring is carried out by a number of institutes. Sometimes these institutes hold different types of ACT preparatory courses and one amongst them is one-on-one sessions with an instructor in their employment and you can enroll in one such course.
There are some other institutes that only provide tutors who can either come over to your house to teach you or you can book live online sessions with them. You can choose the type of ACT test tutoring according to your requirements. However, a good tutoring course should have certain essential features, which are discussed in the following section.
Features of ACT Tutoring Courses
You should put in a lot of thought before enrolling in the help of a tutor because tutoring sessions are usually more expensive than a normal ACT preparatory course. Moreover, depending on your requirements you should decide whether you wish to pay by-the-hour or buy a tutoring package. But before you enroll in any session ensure that it has the following features:
- The course should be customized according to your requirements. In other words, your tutor should design the course depending on your weaknesses. Your tutor should help you identify your weaknesses and then teach you strategies to overcome them.
- If you enroll in an ACT test tutoring course offered by an ACT preparatory institute then ensure that the tutor it assigns you is highly skilled and well experienced.
- Your tutor should take personal interest in your progress and closely monitor your performance.
- Your tutor should make you take a number of practice tests or mock ACTs so that you are confident on the day of the examination.
The afore-mentioned list outlines the basic features of an ACT test tutoring course. In order to enable you to select a course from the myriad of courses available on the market, features of some better known courses are discussed in the section below.
Some ACT Tutoring Courses
Do not think that only weak candidates take the help of tutors. One-on-one sessions with experienced tutors are also taken by academically sound ones, who wish to get more practice. However, the type of session that you need will depend on your requirements. Tutoring services offered by some of the institutes that you can consider are given below.
- http://www.princetonreview.com/college/act-tutoring-programs.aspx : The one-on-one sessions by Princeton Review tutors are sought after because the tutors in Princeton Review's employment are highly skilled and experienced. Moreover, the schedule to be followed will be designed depending on your lifestyle. The ACT test tutoring course followed by the tutor it assigns you, will also be designed according to your weaknesses. You can also choose your tutor depending on how many years of experience you want your tutor to have. So if you want a complete session with a holistic approach towards your ACT preparation then you should check out the Princeton Review website.
- http://www.testmasters.com/act-private-tutoring.html : This institute, too, holds other ACT preparatory courses along with ACT test tutoring sessions. Hence, the tutors in the employment of Testmasters are also highly skilled and experienced as well. If you enroll in a one-on-one course with this institute then you will have complete freedom of choosing the location and time of your tutoring sessions. Moreover, your tutor will help you make your ACT study plan according to which you can study for the examination. Hence, if you need tutors who take personal interest in the student's progress then you can check out Testmasters website.
- http://www.revolutionprep.com/test-prep/act-prep : Unlike the two previously mentioned institutes, Revolution Prep provides only 2 types of ACT preparatory courses. You can either opt for one-on-one sessions with a tutor of Revolution prep on enroll in one of its group courses. It employs highly trained and experienced tutors. You can either choose from live one-on-one sessions or an online session with a tutor. So if you want flexibility regarding class location and time, then you can check out this website.
ACT preparatory courses sometime do not provide all the help that you need. In such a scenario you can also take the help of an experienced tutor who will promptly identify the problem areas and help you solve them. A good tutor always boosts the morale of the student so that he or she can feel more confident about the ACT test. Thus, take the help of a tutor if you feel the need and prepare well for the examination. Hard work and preparation are the two most important elements that will help you fare well in the test.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page