ACT Test Scores Scholarships
Scholarships Based on Your ACT Scores
ACT Test and Scholarship
If you think that the ACT test is only meant for college admission then you are mistaken because if you get a good result, you will also be able to get financial assistance to pay your college fee. Many of you may or may not be aware but it is possible for you to save thousands of dollars off your college tuition fee simply by getting a high score in this examination. There are many candidates who are not aware of this but there are also many who are well aware of the existing ACT test scores scholarships. You need to be aware that in order to obtain scholarship, certain factors will be taken into account and these are:
- Your ACT or SAT scores
- High school GPA
Various scholarship programs may have their own selection criteria but the fact remains that the ACT test scores are considered to be very vital as they will help in deciding whether or not you will get the financial assistance you are looking for.
You need to know that the ACT test scores scholarships come from a variety of sources such as:
- Individual universities and colleges
- Community organizations
- Federal government
- State government
- Students' employers
- Parents' employers
Scholarships are financial aids that students can obtain and the money does not have to be repaid in the future. As a large number of people will be competing against one another to get this kind of financial aid, if you want to be one of the few lucky ones, you need to ensure that you are well-prepared for the ACT test. Here are some things you need to know about obtaining the ACT test scores scholarships:
- The merit-based scholarships that you will find are offered on the basis of how a candidate performs in certain field such as academic performance, extracurricular activity, music, art, sports, etc.
- You will first have to verify whether or not you are eligible for the financial aid by completing the FAFSA or the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (http://www.actstudent.org/finaid/fafsa.html). You should complete the FAFSA right after the 1st of January when you are in your senior year or one year before you will be going to university.
- You can have a word with the university that you wish to study in regarding the ACT test scores scholarships that they offer to students.
- You can also have a word with the counsellor in your high school and find out whether any kind of financial assistance is available.
- You can find out from associations, clubs or employers whether they are offering any kind of monetary assistance to students.
- You can also go online and find out about the ACT test scores scholarships that are available so that you can apply for them.
- Also keep in mind that there are a lot of scholarship scams. You need to be aware of this so that you are not a victim to one of them.
- You will find resources on the scholarships that are available by checking this website http://www.actstudent.org/finaid/resources.html.
Keep in Mind...
Obtaining ACT test scores scholarships will be easier if you have a good result. If you do not have a good score in the test, then it will not be possible for you to get a scholarship as one of the criteria of this is to have high ACT scores. You will find many forums online where people discuss about the scholarships that one can obtain and other information on how one can search for this kind of scholarship. You can easily join one or more of such online forums and start discussing about the ACT test scores scholarships.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page