ACT Test Register
ACT Test Registration Checklist
The American College Testing or the ACT test, as it is generally known, is a test for those students who want a certification that proves that they have the aptitude and knowledge required to study at the college level, mainly in the United States of America. This is an academic test in which students answer questions that are generally pertaining to the academic curriculum of high schools in the US. Owing to the fact that students, for the ACT test, register from all over the world and, belong to different age groups, the process of registration for the test is very simple.
Follow this Checklist to Register for the ACT...
- Visit www.act.org, which is the official website of the ACT test. Register for the test after going through all its details and make a note of its registration prerequisites.
- If you are a student less than 13 years of age, then you have to register by sending your registration form by mail.
- For the ACT test, register by mail also when you are unable to pay by credit card as that is the generally acceptable mode of payment online.
- There are a few other requirements that also need to be considered before registering for the ACT test via mail. The details of these requirements for all the students are available at the link: http://www.act.student.org/forms/stud_req.html.
- The most common and simple method to register for the ACT test is online. For the ACT test, register online through your account that you have created with the official website (www.act.org) at the link: https://services.actstudent.org/OA_HTML/actibeCAcdLogin.jsp.
- The ACT test is conducted in the United States as well as in many other countries worldwide. To know the details of your test centres and whether or not ACT services are possible in your country, visit the given link before you register for the test: http://www.actstudent.org/regist/centers.html.
- If, in case, you do not have a testing site in your locality, you can avail the exceptions provided by the ACT services. These exceptions are provided only if you have admissible and valid proofs that you cannot take the test at the given test centres. The details of these exceptions and the options to take the ACT at a different site are available at: http://www.act.org/aap/pdf/arranged.pdf.
- There are many other exceptions that you may benefit from if you have problems pertaining to taking and registering for the ACT test. Register for the test only after going through the list of the provisions made for the test. The details of all the ACT test provisions and exceptions to the general rules are available at: http://www.act.org/aap/pdf/arranged.pdf.
- The ACT test has an optional section for Writing. This means that the test can be conducted with and without this additional section. You should be well aware of the details of this section before you register for the ACT test.
- The cost of registering for the ACT test differs for different modules. If students are taking the ACT test without including the Writing section then they may have to pay up to US$ 34. For the ACT test, register for the test module, that includes the Writing section, by paying around US$ 49.50.
- There are certain provisions regarding registrations with the ACT services. To find out if you can register for the test again, if you can cancel your registration, if you want your scores to be mailed to you or if you want to avail the late registration services etc., check the official website, at the link: http://www.actstudent.org/regist/ACTfees.html.
- For the 2012 ACT test, register for the test to be conducted in June, latest by May 4th or 5th.
- The ACT test has one last, but not in any way, least, registration detail. This for those students who have missed all the possible requirements and deadlines for registering for the ACT. These students can fill up an online form and pay an additional charge on the day of the test and still take the test without prior registration. These students can take the test on a stand-by basis whereby they may or may not be allowed to take the test inspite of paying the fines. Additionally, they can take the test, but the scoring and other processes for the tests take longer than the other test takers. This is a unique aspect of the ACT test and you should check for this provision in case you need to avail this service.
You should, inspite of all the exceptions and the stand-by option provided by the administrators of the ACT test, register well in advance to avoid all confusions and hurdles that may occur in your test. This will not only help you to take your test smoothly but also successfully!
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page