ACT Test Deadline
Deadlines to Keep in Mind for ACT
The American College Testing or the ACT test, as it is generally known, is a test for those students who want a certification that proves that they have the aptitude and knowledge required to study at the college level, mainly in the United States of America. This is an academic test in which students answer questions that are generally pertaining to the academic curriculum of high schools in the US. Owing to the fact that students from all over the world take this test, there is a certain ACT test deadline that is common for all students aspiring to take this test.
The Following are a Few Important ACT Test Details for the Year 2012:
ACT test taking Deadlines for 2012:
For the month of June:
- Test date: 9th June 2012
- ACT test deadline for registration: May 4th 2012
- ACT test deadline for late registration: May 5 to May 18, 2012
For the Month of September:
- Test date: September 8th 2012
- ACT test deadline for registration: August 17th 2012
- ACT test deadline for late registration: August 18 to August 24, 2012
For the month of October:
- Test date: October 27th 2012
- ACT test deadline for registration: September 21st 2012
- ACT test deadline for late registration: September 22 to October 5, 2012
For the Month of December:
- Test date: 8th December 2012
- ACT test deadline for registration: November 2nd 2012
- ACT test deadline for late registration: November 3 to November 16, 2012
A Few Points to Ponder About the ACT Test Deadlines:
- Students who take the ACT tests that are conducted in June, and the dates before June, are said to be better off in terms of getting admissions to their desired colleges in the following year. This is because; most good colleges in the US finalise their list for admissions, latest by April. If students take the October or December ACT tests in the previous year, then they do not have ample time to finish all the other formalities regarding admissions, before they apply. Also, if the students have not scored well in the October or December ACT tests, then they cannot meet another ACT test deadline to improve their scores before admissions.
- There is no fixed date for admissions as every college follows a different schedule, but it is always better for students to be ready with their ACT and other scores, much in advance.
- Students should not only be proactive in making the ACT test deadline, but also in filling up the admission forms of colleges. Candidates have to remember that due to increasing competition, there are only limited seats for admissions in most reputed colleges, and only the early-birds can make it.
- Students who are planning to take the ACT test but are still in high school should take the tests earlier in the year so that by the time they finish school, they have their ACT scores and other formalities in place for college admissions. This way, students will also have an opportunity to take the ACT test again to revise their scores, if they are not up-to-the-mark for admissions.
A few final tips:
- Every student should categorically check the official website www.act.org to get all the information on the upcoming ACT test deadline.
- Late registration is only possible through payment of a stipulated fine. Students should check the official website for these details as well.
- Students should also keep checking the deadlines for admissions to the various colleges where they are seeking admission.
- The ACT tests are conducted 6 times every year. If students think that they can do better in the ACT test by retaking the test, then they should check the ACT test deadline and other test formalities again before going ahead with their retest. This is because; not only are the ACT test rules subject to change, but even the admission requirements change very rapidly and students should be aware of these changes, if any, every time they take the ACT test.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page