Test Dates and Locations for ACT
5 Things to Keep in Mind for Selecting ACT Test Dates and Locations
The ACT is administered
in authorized test centers in the U.S, Canada and other countries as well. When you register for the
test online or through mail, you have to choose the country,
location and the test center. Due to the availability of several locations,
you may have confusion on how to choose the best date and location.
This article helps you know five things that should be kept in mind for making the selection.
1. The Available Test Dates and Locations
The test is conducted once in the months of February, April, June, September, October and December. The test is conducted in all these six months for all those who want to take the test in the national test centers in the U.S, the U.S territories, Puerto Rico and Canada. It is offered in all the above listed months except September for those who would like to take the test in other countries. To get more information visit the websites: http://actstudent.org/regist/dates.html and http://actstudent.org/regist/intldates.html.
Go the official website: http://actstudent.org/regist/centers.html to choose the desired location within the United States, the U.S. Territories, Puerto Rico and Canada where you wish to take the test. To choose a test center in another country, visit the website: http://actstudent.org/regist/outside.html. When you choose a test center among the available locations, you will be able to check the testing dates available for your choice. Ensure that you make the choice that is best for you.
2. Relation between Registration Methods and Test Locations
Registration can be done through the online option or through mail, based on the location where you take the test.
- If you are taking the test in the U.S or Canada, you can register for the test online or through mail. However, to apply through mail you have to be younger than 13 years or you should be unable to pay the test fee through any of the payment options specified for online registration.
- If you are taking the test in any of the locations other than the U.S, Canada, the U.S territories or Puerto Rico, only the online option is allowed.
3. Tips to Choose the Best Test Dates and Locations
When you are asked to select the date and location while registering for the test, you may be confused to choose a specific date from the available list or the date which you desire might not be available for your preferred test center. The following tips can help you in choosing the best from the available choices:
- Choose a test date available for a testing center of your choice.
- Select a date that provides enough time for effectively preparing for the test.
- Choose a date based on your personal situation and other commitments, such as a wedding party.
- Choose a test location which is near to your residing place.
- Select a test location based on the registration method you prefer.
- Choose a test location based on the test date that you desire.
4. What can you do when a Nearer Test Location is not available?
When a test center is not available within 50 miles of the place where you reside, you can apply for an arranged testing. You can also apply for this facility if you desire to take the test at a Non-Saturday test center within 50 miles of your residing place.
You should download the request form for the Arranged Testing facility from the website. The form must be completely filled and mailed to the address specified in the form.
5. Can You Change the Registered ACT Test Location and Dates?
You are allowed to change the registered dates and locations before the registration deadline date. In order to make the change, you have to log in to your ACT Web account that can be created at the website: https://services.actstudent.org/OA_HTML/actibeCAcdLogin.jsp. To get more details regarding registration changes, visit the official websites: http://actstudent.org/faq/answers/datechange.html and http://actstudent.org/faq/answers/changereg.html.
It is important that you make the choice that is convenient and flexible for you. Whatever may be your choice of test center and test date, prepare well for the test if you want to achieve high scores. Moreover, ensure that you take all the necessary things with you to the test center on the day of your test.