Like this Page
CLICK this button to recommend this page to Google.
ACT Test College
Why Do Colleges Depend on the Results of ACT
Candidates seeking admission in colleges of USA have to appear for ACT (American College Testing) or the SAT. The ACT is preferred by candidates who want to appear for a test which comprises questions pertaining to what they have studied in school. The rising trend is that most colleges nowadays prefer the ACT over SAT.
The ACT test college makes it easier for the admissions authorities of colleges to understand the knowledge of the candidates applying, since the ACT is a text book oriented examination. Since ACT score is the most important part of your admissions portfolio, it is essential that you have an idea about the various features of ACT test college. The various features of the examination are discussed in the following section.
Know the Format and Question Types of ACT
Good score in the ACT test is a prerequisite if you want to get admission in premiere colleges of the USA. In order to help you to do well in the ACT test college, the various sections of the examination and the types of questions that you will come across in the examination are given below:
1. English: In this section of ACT test college your grammatical skills are tested. You will have to proofread passages and find punctuation errors as well as check the sentence structures. You will have to identify grammatical errors in the sentences. Since they are multiple choice questions, all you will have to do is select the correct answer. In this section you will have to solve 75 questions in 45 minutes. Hence, if you wish to ace this section you will have to learn to answer questions efficiently and correctly.
2. Mathematics: The ACT questions cover subjects that you have studied in school. The Mathematics section covers topics of Algebra, Geometry, Co-ordinate Geometry and Trigonometry that you had studied in your school years. Since these are topics that you have already studied, all you need to do is revise and practice them well if you want to ace this section. You will have to answer a total of 60 questions in 60 minutes. This section too comprises multiple choice questions where you will have to choose the correct answer out of 4 choices.
3. Reading: In this section you will have to read 4 comprehension passages and then answer the given questions. The passage topics can range from fiction, to social studies, to humanities to science. Each of the passages are so designed that they pertain to each subject that you have studied in school. Here too you will have to choose the correct answer from the given possibilities. You will have to answer 40 questions in 35 minutes.
4. Science: In order to ace in this section of ACT test college you will need to use your reasoning abilities. You will have to apply what you have learnt under Science in order to answer the questions. The questions will ask you to interpret the data provided, analyze a given science passage and understand conflicting perspectives on a common scientific topic. As you can see from the topics themselves, they require application of your scientific knowledge instead of just answering the questions by rote. Here, too, you will have to answer 40 questions in 35 minutes.
5. Writing: This section of ACT is optional; however, if you wish to take this section then you will have to write an essay on a given topic. The essay topics usually refer to social issues that you would have read or studied about in topics usually refer to social issues that you would have read or studied about in your school years. This section is essential if you want to prove your skills in the English language to the admissions authorities.The afore-mentioned list outlines the topics you need to cover in order to prepare for the ACT. However, you must also know why colleges need your ACT score to analyze your application and this question is answered in the following section.
Why Should You Take the ACT
The ACT is the yardstick against which colleges measure the knowledge and intellectual levels of various candidates. Moreover, it is a common examination that is taken by candidates from all background. Thus, it is a very fair examination and hence, analyzing candidates become easier.
The ACT results also work as pointers that help colleges counsel candidates as to which subject they should major in. Hence, your ACT score is the pivotal factor in your admission application. The ACT is a very important examination and is also the springboard to your future career. So you take this examination seriously and start preparing for it as early as possible.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page