Like this Page
CLICK this button to recommend this page to Google.
ACT Test College Board
Salient Features of ACT Test
What Is the ACT Test?
The ACT test college board is an exam that is taken by students who wish to apply for a course or program in a university or college. This is actually a test that will measure how ready an individual is to pursue higher education in a college. Most of the colleges will require you to take this exam because the test result is considered to be important at the time of college admission. The exam is offered six times a year and you have to make sure that you take this test at least two months before the deadline of college admission so that you will be able to obtain the result before the last date of admission. Needless to say, you need to get a high score if you wish the college to consider your application. If your score is high, then your application will be given priority over the other applications.
Salient Features of ACT Test
- The ACT test college board is an exam that is held during the months of February, April, June, September, October and December. The test will not be offered any other time apart from the six dates on these months.
- There are five sections that will be tested in this exam and out of these the Writing section is optional. Candidates can choose not to take this test, if they do not wish to. On the other hand, many colleges often ask for the score of the Writing section as a part of their admission procedure. So it is always better to work on this section, too, when you take the ACT test college board. The other four sections are Reading, English, Mathematics and Science.
- In the Writing section, you will be asked to write an essay in thirty minutes. This essay should be in response to a certain topic.
- The English section includes about seventy-five questions and these will test the rhetorical skill and usage or mechanics. You will need to finish this section in forty-five minutes.
- The Reading section of the ACT test college board is one where you will find forty questions related to four passages. The time given to you to finish this section is thirty-five minutes.
- The Science section includes forty questions that you will have to complete in thirty-five minutes. You will find seven passages here and each passage will have around five to seven questions.
- The Mathematics section of the ACT test college board is one where you will find sixty questions that you will have to finish in an hour's time. You will be allowed to make use of a calculator.
- The results of the test will be available online generally after 3 to 8 weeks after the test date. You can always log into your Student Web Account to find out whether the scores have been uploaded online or not.
- The score of the writing section will generally be uploaded two weeks after the scores of the other sections are released online.
- The scores of the multiple-choice sections will range from 1 to 36 and the score of the Writing section will range from 2 to 12. Each of the sections will be scored separately and then a composite score will be determined by taking an average of all the scores. The composite score scale will range from 1 to 36.
The ACT test college board registration should be carried out as soon as you can so that you will be able to reserve a seat for yourself on the date of your preference. It is best if you can obtain the result of this exam before the last date of college admission. This way, it will be possible for you to apply for the program or course before the deadline.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page