Tips for ACT Exam
Can You Depend On Tips for Taking the ACT?
Importance of Study Tips:
Studying for the ACT test is a colossal task and it might become a bit difficult without proper guidance. In such a case, a handful of tips to help you prepare for the ACT can work wonders. They are handy and useful to follow when it comes to preparation and you can depend on their authenticity and utility without any doubts.Some advice that you will find useful: Ideas and study plans to assist you in completing the revision of the whole syllabus, correct strategies and schemes to follow for approaching the questions, and correct steps to take for scoring high in ACT.
Finally, these tips inform you about the adequate time and dedication you need in order to ace the test. We shall discuss about the tips for ACT in the remaining part of this article as we must first discuss the reliability of test tips.
Is It Good to Rely Solely On Tips?
The most important question that is posed by most test takers is the reliability and credibility of the suggestions that can help you study for the ACT. You may feel that you are following the wrong tips and you are not benefited at all. However, in order to eliminate such dilemmas, we have enumerated the factors that determine the dependability of tips in the following points:
Quality: The tips for studying are superior in their quality. These tips are seasoned and time-tested and have always been able to generate successful test takers.
User-Based Tips: The test tips are designed according to their user. This means that these tips are oriented in a way so as to facilitate the learning styles of their respective users.
Satisfaction: Due to the intense brunt of preparation, you will definitely seek for satisfactory remedies to lessen your preparation load. If you can follow the advice for the exam with all your dedication, you are sure to put your thumbs up by the time you are finished preparing.
Now that the reliability and importance of test tips have been established, we can move on to discuss some useful tips, under the following heading.
Tips and Strategies of Preparing for ACT:
The ACT has been a popular exam among test takers for quite a long time and hence, to prepare for this exam, here are some exam tips:
- Take Diagnostic Tests: The main implication of a diagnostic test is to set your baseline score. Use the Internet or purchase a prep book, which offers you one or two test papers. Without any preparation, take one of these tests and mark your score (or the baseline score). Use the baseline score as a guiding factor and work hard to increase it. Just before taking the ACT, take another diagnostic test, record your performance and see the difference.
- English Section Tips: Consider reading thoroughly, the questions of this section and then proceed to pick the correct option. Keep a close watch on the manner of writing and choose the option that suits the used manner. Be careful while answering questions asking you to replace an underlined portion of a sentence as all the given option might seem synonymous.
- Mathematics Section Tips: It is an unhealthy habit to depend solely on your calculator for answers. Work your sums manually and tally the answers with the given options.
- Reading Section Tips: Try to grasp the main idea of the given passage, avoiding too much attention on the details. The questions would be solely based on your understanding of the main idea.
- Writing Section Tips: In this optional section, create a well equipped and structured essay response. Try to use crisp vocabulary, statistics and proper evidences to support your response. Organize your essay and try to make least spelling errors.
- Science Section Tips: Given the technicality and illustrious nature of the questions of this section, it would aid you if you keep your patience and make notes of the basic idea posed by each question.
- Fixed Study Schedule: The most important of all tips is to have a fixed study routine (say 4-5 hours), which you cannot compromise for any reason.
- Consider Prep Courses or Books: Even if you are an exemplary student, it is highly recommended that you have a prep tutor or guidebook for your prep.
- Timing is Everything: You have to keep a strict watch on your test taking timing. You cannot afford to leave your test unfinished.
A Final Word:
Follow the above mentioned suggestions to help you prepare for the ACT with full dedication and loyalty. However, 'practice' is the most integral test tip. If you practice ACT questions regularly, nothing can stop you from earning a high percentile score.