ACT College Test
What Is the Utility of ACT Test?
The ACT college test is an examination that will measure whether or not an individual is ready for studying in a college or university. Taking this exam is common among all those individuals who wish to pursue higher education because the universities and colleges make use of the test result at the time of screening the applications. If you are planning to take this test, you will find that the Writing section is optional. The sections that you need to work on are Mathematics, Science, English and Reading. Each of these four tests will consist of multiple-choice questions, apart from the Writing section where you will be required to write an essay. In the multiple-choice sections, you will be scored on a scale of 1 to 36 on each of the sections. A composite score will then be determined by taking the scores of all the four multiple-choice sections.
Utility of ACT Test
- The ACT college test is important because it will help you at the time of getting admission in a university or college. As you may be aware, the admission department will assess your application based on the score you obtain from this examination. If you have a high score, then you will be given preference over the other candidates.
- This is an exam that will determine how ready you are to study in a college. As the exam will measure your knowledge and skills on various subject areas, it will be possible for you to find out whether it will be a good idea to study a specific program or course.
- It is true that you can always consider taking the SAT but you will find that the ACT college test is actually more straightforward.
Sections in the ACT Test
The ACT college test consists of up to five sections. They are as follows:
- English: You will be given 45 minutes to complete this section and there will be about 75 questions that you will need to finish. This section of the ACT college test will assess the mechanics and usage of the English language. It will also test your rhetorical skills.
- Mathematics: You will need to finish this section in an hour's time and there will be 60 questions that you will need to work on. The problems will be on elementary algebra, intermediate algebra, pre-algebra, coordinate geometry, trigonometry and plane geometry. It is possible for you to make use of a calculator to work on this section.
- Science: There will be 40 questions in this section that you will have to finish in 35 minutes. You will find 7 passages in this section and each will have around 5-7 questions.
- Reading: In this section, you will need to finish 40 questions in 35 minutes. There will be four passages on natural science, humanities, social science and prose fiction. The questions in this section will be based on the passages.
- Writing: This is an optional section of the ACT college test where you will have to write an essay on a particular topic. The time given to you to finish this section is 30 minutes. This may be an optional section but do remember that many colleges require the candidates to have the essay score too.
Keep in Mind...
The ACT college test is not difficult as long as you are prepared for it. Obviously, you need to make sure that you have at least two months to study for this exam because this is the only way you can ensure you get a high score. With so many books and courses available, you will not have any problem looking for study materials. There are also many free resources that you can refer to online. Just ensure that you set aside enough time everyday to prepare for the test.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page