2012-2013 ACT Test Dates
When Can You Take the ACT in 2012-2013
Selection of an ACT test date is as essential as preparing for the examination itself. The colleges that you can apply to will also depend on the test date that you select. For example, if you appear for the test in early fall then you will have more choice regarding colleges, since most colleges begin the admission process for the following year by the end of the previous year. Thus, if you wish to join college in the beginning of the year 2013 then you should appear for ACT by September, otherwise you will miss the admission deadline. Thus, proper selection of 2012-2013 ACT test dates is essential if you wish to join college in 2013.
If you are not prompt, and at the same time careful, about choosing a test date then you might not get admission in the college of your choice. But before you select 2012-2013 ACT test dates some things that you should take into account are discussed in the section below.
Points to Remember While Selecting ACT Test Date
If you want to study in a premiere college in the USA then a good ACT score is absolutely essential. Hence, before you select a test date ensure that you have taken the following things into consideration:
- You should be well prepared for the examination. So before you select a test date ensure that you have sufficient time before the test to prepare well for it.
- The examination test date that you select should be such that it gives you sufficient buffer time to receive your ACT result and send them to the colleges you wish to apply to. This is essential so that you do not miss the admission deadline.
- If you wish to take the optional ACT Writing test then you should select a test date accordingly. Because, ACT does not hold the Writing test for all the 2012-2013 ACT test dates.
- You should select a test date depending on whether the examination will be held in a convenient location, because all locations do not hold all the ACT examinations.
However, selecting a test date is not sufficient. You should register for the examination as early as possible. Seats are distributed amongst candidates on a first-come first-served basis. So if you want to be assured a seat at a convenient test location then choose a comfortable test date for 2012-2013 and register for it. To help you with registration of a test date, some things about the registration process is discussed in the section below.
How to Register for the ACT
The most preferred method of registration for the ACT is online registration. It is the fastest as well as the most secure method of registration. You can take a printout of your admission ticket the moment your registration process is completed. Hence, you will not have to worry about your admission ticket not arriving on time or getting lost if you register by post. Moreover, postal registration is allowed only for candidates who are below 13 years of age. Otherwise if you cannot make the payment through a credit card then you can register through mail.
You should select a test date and register for it at least 6 weeks before the examination. To enable you to select a date some 2012-2013 ACT test dates are mentioned below.
- If you wish to take the test on September 8th 2012 then you should complete your registration by August 17th. If you register for the test from August 18th to 24th then you will have to pay a late fine. The registration process for September 8th date closes on 24th August 2012.
- If you want to take the test on 9th February 2013 then you should complete your registration by January 11th 2013. Late registration for this ACT test date is open from January 12th to January 18th 2013.
If you want a complete list of 2012-2013 ACT test dates then click on the following link:http://www.actstudent.org/regist/dates.html
To make selection of test dates easier, the list of 2012-2013 ACT test dates is announced well ahead of time. So you should take advantage of this and start making a routine and preparing for the examination. As you prepare, you will understand by which date you can take the test and accordingly select an examination date. So prepare well for the examination as that alone will help you fare well in the test.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page