Sources to Study for the ACCUPLACER
5 Sources of Study for ACCUPLACER
Students often possess an idea that they need not study for
ACCUPLACER separately, since this test is based on topics which they
have studied during their high-school. You should not fall victim to
this misconception and take adequate preparations, if you want to have a successful college career. In order to help you study for this test, the following section of this article will discuss some of the common sources that can be used for this purpose:
Some ACCUPLACER Study Sources
The ACCUPLACER is organized by a non-profit institution called the CollegeBoard. This examination will help you, as well as the admissions authorities of the colleges in which you have applied, to analyze your strengths and weaknesses in the subjects. Based on your ACCUPLACER scores you will be able to evaluate the subjects in which you require remedial classes. However, before you take the test you must prepare for it very well, so that the evaluation is done correctly. Some of the sources of studying for ACCUPLACER are as follows:
- Study guides: Since the questions in ACCUPLACER
are designed keeping in mind your high-school curriculum, you can
consider preparing for the test on your own. For that you will need to
purchase appropriate study guides. Ensure that the books from which you
study for this test provides equal importance to all the sections.
The guides should come with CD ROMs, which simulate test like
conditions, so that you understand the exact nature of a computer
adaptive examination. A study guide that has all of these features can
prove to be a good source of studying for this exam.
- Online practice tests: Another method of preparation, which has gained popularity amongst students, is the 'online practice tests'. There are a number of websites that provide modules of practice tests with questions very similar to the actual examination. For example, if you want to study for the Elementary Algebra segment of the examination, then all you need to do is log on to a website that has a set of practice tests on Elementary Algebra and start solving the questions. However, some of these websites may ask you to pay some registration fees in order to access their database of question papers. If you are keen on practicing from paid websites, ensure that you have checked out the authenticity of the website, before you make the payment.
- Online courses: Your preparations may become simpler if you enroll in an online course. However, this source is ideal for students who are not confident enough to prepare for the test on their own. Thus, if you are unsure about preparing for the test on your own, you can consider enrolling in an online course offered by an authentic website or institute. You must ensure that this particular source has a large catalog of practice modules, a good online library and dedicated tutors who are ready to help you with your preparation. The course materials provided by the online course, in which you enroll, must cover all the topics for each segment of the test.
- Classroom course: Most of the colleges hold classes to help students of the 11th or 12th grade to study for ACCUPLACER. If you feel that you require proper class room sessions in order to prepare for the test, then you can get in touch with your local college and enquire about such courses. This source of preparation is ideal for students in their junior or sophomore years, because they have sufficient time in hand to prepare for the examination. Moreover, this source is quite authentic, since it is organized and held within a college campus.
- Personal tutor: This source is best suited for students who require personal attention. If you are weak in a particular subject and require extra help then you can consider hiring a tutor. Since a personal tutor will not be distracted by other students, a scenario that might occur in a classroom session, you can be assured that his/her attention will be on you alone. You should consider this source of study, only if you feel that personal attention is essential for you to ace the test.
The above-mentioned list explains in details some of the common sources of studying for ACCUPLACER. If you want to know about some of the study materials for this test then the following section will help you gain an insight into it.