Sentence Skills ACCUPLACER
5 Things you Need to Know About Sentence Skills ACCUPLACER
The ACCUPLACER is a computer-based test that determines the college readiness of the students and enables the academic counselors and advisors in choosing suitable courses for the test takers based on their skills. However, the scores of this test are not the only aspects that are taken into account by the advisors and counselors; the academic performances of the students along with their aims and interests in academics are also considered while placing them in appropriate courses. Besides this, the scores or the results of this test also helps in recognizing the subjects in which a test taker is proficient and those sections of the ACCUPLACER exam in which they require training and additional assistance.
There are ten sections of ACCUPLACER exam that are summed up in the following points:
- Reading Comprehension
- Sentence Skills
- Write Placer or Essay Writing
- College Level Math
- Elementary Algebra
- ESL - Listening
- ESL - Language Use
- ESL - Reading Skills
- ESL - Sentence Meaning
When it comes to Sentence Skills ACCUPLACER test, there are 20 multiple-choice questions that are to be answered by the students. The basic intention of this section of ACCUPLACER exam is to assess the knowledge of the students about an appropriate sentence structure and those elements that create a complete sentence. Besides this, the students must also identify a sentence that is easily comprehensible by the readers.
What are the five most important things that the test takers must know about Sentence Skills ACCUPLACER test? Let us analyze them in the following points:
- The questions in Sentence Skills ACCUPLACER test are divided into two categories and they are of multiple-choice types. There is no restriction of time for answering the questions in this section of ACCUPLACER exam.
- The first category of question deals with sentence correction in which, the students have to choose the most appropriate word or phrase for the underlined part that may be incorrect in the sentence. In order to answer these questions correctly, the test takers must have adequate knowledge about sentence structure.
- The second category of question in Sentence Skills ACCUPLACER test requires the students to rewrite the original sentence without changing its meaning and essence. Thus, there is a slight change in the construction of the sentence, but not the meaning.
- The second and third points describe the basic principles on which the questions are based in Sentence Skills section of ACCUPLACER test. In short, keeping this as the basic norm, the questions tend to vary according to the proficiencies that are tested through this section.
- The other types of questions require the students to find out the reason behind the principle of sentences, the relationship that exists between coordination and subordination or whether the answer that is provided has an appropriate sentence structure or not.
The links to sample questions for the primary category of questions in Sentence Skills ACCUPLACER test that we have discussed above can be noted below:
- http://media.collegeboard.com/digitalServices/pdf/accuplacer/accuplacer-iphone-app.pdf ( for iPhone users)
The aspirants of ACCUPLACER need to strengthen their preparation for this test by following the study guides that mostly comprise of practice tests and two of them are mentioned in the points below:
- For sample questions of Sentence Skills ACCUPLACER test, the students can access http://www.aims.edu/student/testing/studyguides/engstudy.pdf that is prepared by the English Faculty of Aims Community College.
- The Sample questions of Study Guide Zone are also useful for preparation Sentence Skills section. The students can visit http://www.studyguidezone.com/accuplacer_sentenceskills.htm for details.
The Sentence Skills ACCUPLACER test prepares the test takers for choosing their preferred courses in English for pursuing their college education.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page