Test Structure of Accuplacer Reading Comprehension Test
Are you going to enrol in a college-level course soon? In such a case, you may be asked to take the Accuplacer because it is an assessment test that will help in determining the skills that you possess and whether you have the skills to succeed in the program that you wish to pursue. Once you decide to take the examination, you should try to find out everything that you can about this test. After all, the more you know the better it will be for you. In this article, we are going to discuss about the test structure of Reading Accuplacer. This is one of the sections that you will find in this exam, the other two being the Writing and Math sections. Keep in mind that all the three sections of the test are important and you need to spend sufficient time on each of them so that you can score high in all the sections. It is best if you start studying for the test as soon as you decide to take it, for this will give you enough time for the preparation. Before anything else, you need to find out what the structure of each of the sections for better understanding of the test.
Structure of the Reading Section
The Reading Accuplacer is a section in which you can score high if you understand its structure properly. Given below are the points that you should keep in mind relating to this part of the examination:
- The test is computer-based and you will need to answer the questions on a computer. Basic computer knowledge is required for this pursue because the questions will be displayed on the screen and you will have to answer them by using the keyboard/mouse.
- You will find Reading Accuplacer passages on the basis of which the questions will be framed. It is essential that you go through these passages properly so that you will be able to get the answers right. The answer options for all questions will be similar to each other so that they can confuse you. You need to read the question and understand what is being asked before you choose the answer option.
- The number of questions that you will find here will be twenty, which you can answer at a pace that is convenient to you because there is no time limit. You have to make sure that you understand what you are being asked before you choose the answer. This way, you can minimise mistakes as much as you can. Even if you are not sure about the answer, you should still select an option that you feel may be the right answer because it is necessary to answer all the questions.
- The questions that you will find in this section will be in the form of multiple-choice format. For each question, you will find five answer options and from the alternatives given you will need to select an option that you believe is the correct answer. Make sure that you are careful while answering the questions because once you move to the next question; it will not be possible for you to go back and change your answer.
- The level of difficulty of the questions will depend on how you have answered the previous questions. In other words, the Reading Accuplacer test is adaptive in nature.
- The types of questions that will be asked will vary. Some may require you to select an answer option that summarises the excerpt in the best manner while others may ask you the purpose of the excerpt. You may also be asked to select a term/word that best describes a sentence or word within a particular excerpt.
The Reading Accuplacer test is actually easy if you truly understand the structure and format of this section. Moreover, you will be able to get most of the questions right if you spend some time understanding the questions. Preparation for this section is quite simple too, for you just have to spend some time everyday working on the sample questions. This way, you will get a clear picture about what to expect and you will also be able to find out how well prepared you are for the examination.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page