College Board Accuplacer
What is the Purpose of College Board Accuplacer Test?
If the college that you wish to enrol for a course in requires you to take the placement test called Accuplacer, then it is important that you try to find out more information about this examination. After all, the only way you can prepare for it effectively is when you understand the test well. The College Board Accuplacer is an assessment test that has been created to determine whether you have the skills required for and relevant to the college-level course that you wish to pursue.
Purpose of Accuplacer
There are many reasons why the College Board Accuplacer is used and given below are some of the importance of this examination:
- Selection of students: The main reason why this test is important is because it services as a kind of determinant for selecting students for enrolment in colleges. Since educational institutions will receive a lot of applications, it can be difficult for them to find out the suitability and aptitude of candidates for admissions. Through the use of this exam, colleges can find out whether the students that have applied for the various programs have the skills to successfully complete the same or not. If the result that they obtain through the College Board Accuplacer is good, then the candidates will be enrolled for the course. On the other hand, if their result is not good then their application maybe rejected.
- Determination of skills: Through the result of this examination, it will be possible to find out the skills that you possess. If you lack the skills that are required for the course that you wish to purpose, you can undertake necessary actions to enhance these skills or you can consider opting for another program that you have the skills for. The test will primarily determine your strengths and weaknesses.
- Preventing the waste of college resources: If an educational institution chooses a student that does not have the skills to successfully complete the course that he has chosen, then this will not just result in him failing at the program but it will also lead to the wastage of college resources. In order to prevent this from happening, educational institutions are now using the College Board Accuplacer.
Features of the Accuplacer Exam
To understand the exam, you should know the features of the same that are mentioned below:
- There are three sections in this computerized examination and these are Reading, Writing and Math. It is important that you score high in all these areas so that you will have higher chances of getting enrolled for the program that you have in mind.
- All the questions that you will find here will be in the multiple-choice format and there will be five answer options for each question. You need to understand the question properly and then choose an option that you feel is the correct answer.
- Keep in mind that you will not be able to return to the previous question for the purpose of changing your answer. This is the reason why you should be sure of the answer before proceeding to the next question.
- There is no time limit for this test and it is possible for you to work on all the sections at a pace that you feel comfortable with. This means that you do not have to worry about not finishing the test on time because the examination is untimed.
Keep in Mind...
The main aim of the College Board Accuplacer is to determine if you should be given admission in college or not. It is not difficult if you study for the same effectively. If you are able to get a good score, then this will certainly increase your chances of getting admission in the college-level course of your preference. Just remember that you should start studying for it as early as possible so that you have enough time to prepare. If you fail in the first attempt, you can always consider taking a retest.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page