5 Things You Must Know about Accuplacer Tests
It is important you know and understand Accuplacer tests before you go ahead and take this examination. This is a kind of assessment exam that is taken by students as a part of their college admission process. Many educational institutions in the United States require potential students to take this exam because the result of the same will help in determining whether the candidates will be able to find success in the course that they have chosen. Of course, there are other factors that will also be taken into account at the time of selection and you need to meet those requirements too.
The result of this exam will help the colleges reject the applications of candidates who do not have the skills for the programs that they have chosen and this will automatically help in the reduction of the wastage of college resources. In order to get a good result in the test, you need to understand the examination properly so that you can prepare for the same in the most effective manner.
Features of Accuplacer
The more you know about the Accuplacer tests, the better it will be for you. Given below are five features of this exam that you should know about:
- Firstly, this is an untimed test. There is no time limit within which you are required to finish the examination. You can take your time and answer the questions at a pace that you are most comfortable in. While there is no restriction on time, most candidates can generally finish all the questions in about 90 minutes.
- Secondly, it is a computerized and examination where you will be required to sit in front of the computer and take the test. All the questions will be displayed on the screen one by one and the questions will be in the form of multiple-choice type. Each question will have five answer options from which you need to choose an option that you believe is the right answer.
- Thirdly, there are THREE sections in the Accuplacer tests. These are Reading, Writing and Math. There will be around 17 to 22 questions in each of the sections. It is important for you to prepare for each of these sections effectively so that you will have higher chances of getting enrolled for a course that you are interested in. Keep in mind that you need to answer all the questions, even the ones that you do not know the answer to. Just select an option that you feel might be the right answer. Be very careful when you are answering the questions because it is not possible for you to go back to the previous question and change your answer.
- Fourthly, the questions that will be displayed on your screen will depend on how well you have performed in your previous questions. This means that they are adaptive in nature. The level of difficulty for the questions will increase or decrease; depending on how well or poorly you have answered them.
- Fifthly, since the Accuplacer tests are taken online, it is possible for you to obtain the result as soon as you finish the exam. The sections will be scored automatically by the computer system and you will be able to find out how well you have performed right after you complete the test.
Keep in Mind...
It is possible for you to obtain a high score in the Accuplacer tests, provided you are prepared for the same in the most effective manner. With so many study materials and help available, you will not find it difficult to obtain the required tools to help you study for the examination. Just make sure that you take out enough time everyday to study and start your preparation as early as possible. The longer you study, the better you will be able to prepare yourself for the test and this will certainly affect your result in a positive way.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page