Why Should You Take the Accuplacer Test?
The Accuplacer test is an entrance examination for college-level courses and it is primarily used for the purpose of determining what your weak and strong points are in each of the test sections. The report of this test is one of the factors that will be used by colleges to determine whether admission should be granted to you or not. If your score is not high, you may have to take a retest or your application may get rejected. The result is used by academic counsellors as well as advisors for the purpose of placing students in the courses that they have the skills for.
Features of Accuplacer
There are certain points that you need to know about to understand the Accuplacer test better. It is only when you know about these features; you will be able to prepare for the test effectively.
- It is a computerized examination, where you will find the questions displayed on the computer screen one at a time. You will have to answer the questions online, through the use of a keyboard.
- All the questions will be in the multiple-choice type. For each question, there will be five answer options and you need to choose the right answer from the alternatives provided to you. Make sure that you think carefully before you pick your answer because sometimes the answer options may be too similar that they may confuse you. Try to understand what is being asked and then select the option.
- There are three sections in the Accuplacer test and these are Reading, Writing and Math. The Reading section will test your ability to understand the level of English language that will be used in the classroom, the Writing section will focus on how good your writing skills are in English and the Math section will test you knowledge in elementary algebra, arithmetic and college level mathematics. The number of questions that you will find in each section will range from 17 to 22.
- There is no time limit within which you are required to complete all the questions. You can take your time and finish the exam at a pace that is convenient to you. There will also be no pressure on you because you will not have to worry about not being able to complete the questions on time.
- Once you have completed your examination, it will be possible for you to find out how much you have scored immediately. The computer screen will display your result as soon as you complete the test.
Reasons Why You Should Take the Accuplacer
Are you wondering why the Accuplacer test is important? Read the following points to find out:
- This examination is considered to be an important part of the college admission procedure because the result of this test will be used in determining whether you should be selected for the college-level program of your preference or not. If the score that you have obtained is low, your application may be rejected by the educational institution. Of course, if you obtain a high score then you will have better chances of getting admitted.
- You will be able to find out about your weak and strong areas when you take this test. Once you know your weaknesses, you can then divert your attention and time to undertake necessary actions to improve yourself.
- Through the examination, you will also be able to find out whether the course that you have in mind will be suitable for you. If it is not suitable, then you can consider opting for another course that you have the skills for.
No one can deny the importance of the Accuplacer test because if you want to get admission in the college of your choice, you should make sure that you score high in this examination. Keep in mind that you will have a very high chance of getting selected for the program that you are showing interest in, if your score is high. So start preparing for the test as early as you can and make sure that you study regularly.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page