How is Accuplacer Scored?
Are you going to take the Accuplacer? In such a case, you need to know that this is a computer-based examination that is untimed. This means that you can take your own time and work on all the questions at a pace that is comfortable for you. There are three sections in the examination that you will find and these are Writing, Reading and Math. Each section will have about 17 to 20 questions and they will be of the multiple-choice type. You will find five answer options for each question, from which you will have to select the answer that you believe is the correct solution. Keep in mind that the questions that you will face will depend on your answers to the previous questions. This means that the examination is adaptive in nature and the level of difficulty of the questions will depend on whether you have answered the questions right or wrong. Not only do you have to know about the format and structure of the test, but you also need to know about the Accuplacer scores. After all, the reason why you will be studying is because you wish to score high in the exam and if you are aware of the scoring system then it will certainly be beneficial to you.
Scoring in Accuplacer
There are certain things that you need to know about the Accuplacer scores so that you will be able to understand the examination better. Given below are a few points that you should keep in mind:
- You can obtain your result of the examination as soon as you finish the test. Since this is a computerized exam, the system will calculate your score automatically and you will be able to learn about your Accuplacer scores after the completion of the test.
- The score that you obtain will be influenced by the number of questions that you have answered correctly and it will also depend on how difficult the questions were.
- If you see the test result, you will find that it will consist of your score along with the percentile rank that you have obtained. The score is a scaled score and it will depend on how you have answered all the questions that were presented to you in a computer-adaptive format. On the other hand, the percentile rank is a comparison of your score and the scores of other candidates who have taken the exam with similar questions.
- There is no passing score in this examination and you can neither pass nor fail this test. However, it is important for you to find out the minimum score that is required for the college-level course that you are planning to pursue.
Importance of Accuplacer Scores
Everyone knows that Accuplacer is important and you need to get a high score in this test. But do you know why it is important? The Accuplacer scores are important because of the reasons given below:
- The score that you obtain in the Accuplacer will help in determining whether you have the skills that are required for and relevant to the college-level course that you are planning to pursue. If you have scored high in the test, then you will have higher chances of getting selected for the program. If your score is low, your application may be denied by the educational institution.
- This examination is an evaluation of your strengths and weaknesses in the subjects that are measured therein.
It is only when you are aware of the Accuplacer scores then only you will be able to plan your preparation and set a target score for the exam. Your aim should be to score higher than the minimum required score for the course that you have in mind so that you will have higher chances of getting selected for the program. This means that you will have to start studying for the test as early as you can so that you can obtain a good result.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page