ACCUPLACER Reading Comprehension
3 Myths about ACCUPLACER Reading Comprehension
The ACCUPLACER test refers to a group of tests in Reading, Writing and Mathematics that is administered by College Board for placing students in appropriate courses in college. Although, there is no concept of pass/fail in this exam, the test takers must prepare themselves for obtaining good scores. The scores of this test are analyzed by the admission authorities for helping candidates find suitable college-level courses that correspond with their skills and abilities.
The ACCUPLACER Reading Comprehension is one of the ten sections of this test. In this section, the students are required to answer 20 questions in multiple-choice format. The basic objective of ACCUPLACER Reading Comprehension test is to assess the skills and abilities of the test takers in evaluating the meaning of the passage after reading it, understand the crux of the passage or draw their conclusion from the same. Additionally, the test takers must be able to differentiate between the direct and subordinate statements in the passage.
What are the 3 myths that the students have about ACCUPLACER Reading Comprehension test? Let us find out in the following points:
- The ACCUPLACER Reading Comprehension test is difficult. This is not true as there is a specific pattern followed for conducting this test in which the difficulty of the questions are based on the competence shown by the students while answering the questions. In fact, the students are allowed to take as much time and thought that is required for answering a question. Thus, the number of errors determine the level of difficulty of the questions.
- The ACCUPLACER Reading Comprehension is a time bound exam. The test takers do not have to follow the restrictions of time while this sections or any other in this exam with the exception of WritePlacer or the essay writing section.
- There is a passing score for Reading Comprehension section, which is untrue because passing scores are not declared for any of the sections of ACCUPLACER exam. However, the students must try to achieve good scores in ACCUPLACER Reading Comprehension test in order to choose college-level courses in this field.
The ACCUPLACER test intends to measure the reading skills of the students with effectiveness and they must gear up with adequate preparation for answering the questions of this section. Since, it is a computer-adaptive test, the aspirants of this exam should consider taking practice tests regularly in order to feel confident on the final day of the test.
When it comes to Reading Comprehension test in ACCUPLACER, the candidates taking this test should know about the types of questions that are generally asked in this exam. The following points sum up the types of questions in ACCUPLACER Reading Comprehension test:
- There are two categories of questions that are present in the Reading Comprehension section of ACCUPLACER test.
- In the first category of this test, a test taker is asked to read the passage and answer the questions that are based on the same.
- In the passages of Reading Comprehension the classification is based on the ways in which the test takers treat the information that is present therein. Furthermore, the division is also inclusive of clear and definite statements of the passage presented in the context of the primary idea, secondary idea, application and conclusions.
- The second category of the ACCUPLACER Reading Comprehension, deals with relationships between sentences that are present in the passage.
- The students have to find out the relationship that exists between any two sentences in the passage. For instance, whether the first sentence is similar to the second one or carries a different idea that contradicts that of the first one. Besides this, the test takers may also require to find out whether there is a supportive idea in both the passages.
The ACCUPLACER Reading Comprehension is a significant part of this exam that provides an excellent opportunity to the students to choose appropriate courses in college. There are various study guides that are available for Reading Comprehension section and the students must consult them for achieving their desired target in this test.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page