Computer Adaptive Features of Accuplacer
The Accuplacer online is an examination that is taken by those students who wish to pursue a college-level course. It will determine whether you have the skills that are required to succeed in the program that you wish to pursue. This test has three sections and these are Writing, Reading and Math. All these sections are important and you need to do well in all of them so that you can score high. There will be around 17 to 20 questions in each of these sections. The questions will be in the form of multiple-choice type, with five answer options for each question. You have to read the question and understand it well before selecting an option because once you move to the next question, it will not be possible for you to get back to the previous one to change your answer.
Accuplacer's Computer Adaptive Feature
One special feature about the Accuplacer online test is that it is adaptive in nature. This means that the questions that you will get in the exam will depend on the answers that you have selected in the previous exam. Are you confused as to what this means? Here’s how it works:
- If the answers that you have chosen in the previous questions are mostly incorrect, then the level of difficulty of the subsequent questions will be low.
- On the other hand, if most of the questions that you have answered were correct then the questions that will be displayed on the screen will be higher in difficulty. Keep in mind that your score will depend on the number of questions that you have got correct and also on the level of difficulty of these questions.
As you can see, if you want to score high in the Accuplacer online examination then you will need to make sure that you get most of the questions right so that the subsequent questions that will be displayed to you will be of high-difficulty level.
Things to be Aware of about Accuplacer
To get a better understanding about this exam, read the following points given below:
- The Accuplacer online is a computerized examination where you will be taking the test in front of a computer.
- The reason why this test is important is because it serves as a kind of assessment exam that will help in determining the skills that you possess. If you have the skills that you required for and relevant to the college-level course that you wish to pursue, then you will have higher chances of getting admission. If you result is not so good, then your application may be rejected.
- Once you have completed the exam, it will be possible for you to get the result immediately. You do not have to wait for the result because the computer will calculate the same for you instantly after you answer all the questions.
- It is possible for you to take a retest if the score that you have obtained in the first attempt is not good enough.
- There is no time limit within which you are required to finish the test. However, most students are able to complete all the three sections in about 90 minutes' time.
- It is important for you to answer all the questions in the test, even the ones that you do not know the answer to. Since this is a multiple-choice test, you can choose an option that you feel may be the correct answer.
Preparing for the Accuplacer online test as early as you can is a good way to ensure that you get a high score through the computer-adaptive feature of this examination. If you can get most of the questions right, then this will certainly have a positive and direct bearing on your result. So start studying for the test by using guide books or online courses and you will be able to get a good result.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page