Important Accuplacer Math Test Details
The Accuplacer is an examination that is taken on a computer by those individuals who are planning to undertake a college-level course. There are three sections in this examination and these are Writing, Reading and Math. If you are weak in the third section and you would like to score more in it, you will first have to understand this part of the exam properly. Do not be scared that you will not be able to score high in it because you are weak in Mathematics. As long as you are willing to study and you are spending enough time working on this section, there is no reason why you cannot obtain a good score in the test. The questions in Accuplacer Math test are in the form of the multiple-choice type. You will be given five answer options for each question and you will have to select the option that you believe is the right answer. To learn more about this part of the examination, continue reading the below points.
Features of the Accuplacer Math Section
The most important thing that you need to know is that you can obtain a high score in Accuplacer Math if you understand what this section is all about completely. Here are some points that you need to be aware of about this part of the test:
- There are three areas of mathematics that you need to concentrate on if you wish to practice the problems and score high in the examination. These are College-level Math, Elementary Algebra and Arithmetic.
- In College-level Math, you will find twenty questions and all of them will assess your skills to solve problems relating to math concepts in the college level. The questions that you will find here are of five types and these are Algebraic Operations, Coordinate Geometry, Trigonometry and Functions, Solutions of Inequalities and Equations and Algebra topics.
- In Elementary Algebra, you will find twelve questions that will assess your ability to carry out basic Algebraic Operations and also to solve Algebraic problems. The kinds of questions that you can expect here are word problems, inequalities, equations, operations with algebraic expressions, rational numbers and integers.
- The Arithmetic test will consist of seventeen questions that will assess your skills to solve arithmetic problems. All the problems will be relating to percents, decimals, fractions, whole numbers, problem solving and applications.
- All the questions in Accuplacer Math will depend on your skill levels. This means that the level of difficulty of the questions that you will be asked will depend on the answers that you have given in the previous questions. You should make sure that you check your answer before moving on to the next question because once you select your answer and move to the next question, you will not be able to go back. So be careful and take your time when you are answering the questions.
More about the Test
The Accuplacer Math is an untimed examination and this means that you can spend as much time as you want to work on all the questions in this section. The score that you will obtain in this examination will be a number ranging from 20 to 120 and there is no passing score. You can neither pass nor fail the examination but you need to score high enough to meet the minimum score requirement of the course offered by the college that you wish to take admission in. Thus, you need to enquire about the minimum score requirement of the educational institution of your preference so that you can target your score accordingly.
Keep in Mind...
Preparation is the key when it comes to scoring high in the Accuplacer Math. You can consider opting for a prep book or course to help you with your preparation. Just remember to start studying as early as you can so that you will be able to get a good result in the examination.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page