ACCUPLACER Math Prep
ACCUPLACER Math Prep Checklist
The ACCUPLACER test system intends to measure the skills and abilities of students in Reading, Writing and Mathematics for continuing their college studies. There are multiple-choice questions in each section of the test except for the essay writing task. Although, passing scores are not declared for those students who have taken this exam, the test takers must try to achieve the targeted scores in each subject for choosing the college-level courses of their choice. Moreover, ACCUPLACER exam does not follow the restrictions of time thereby allowing the test takers to focus on each question before choosing the correct option.
The ACCUPLACER Math is an encompassing section that includes the following areas:
- College-Level Math: The test takers need to attempt 20 questions in this section that evaluates the essential and vital aspects of mathematics that are taught in colleges.
- Elementary Algebra: Similarly, in this section of ACCUPLACER Math, the prime areas on which the questions are based include fundamental algebraic operations and finding solutions of elementary level algebraic problems. There are 12 questions in this section that are to be attempted by the test takers.
- Arithmetic: There are 17 questions in this section of ACCUPLACER Math that revolve around basic operations and problems of arithmetic.
When it comes to ACCUPLACER Math prep, there are several options that are available for the aspirants of ACCUPLACER. However, making a choice becomes difficult from an array of options that include study guides, online resources and tutoring for ACCUPLACER Math prep. Therefore, a checklist for ACCUPLACER math is extremely useful while preparing for this section of the test.
Let us analyze a general checklist for ACCUPLACER test in the following points:
- As far as preparing for ACCUPLACER math is concerned, the test takers must familiarize themselves with varied topics that are included in all the three sections of mathematics.
- Thereafter, they should analyze their strengths and weaknesses in each of these topics in order to begin with the preparations. Thus, the areas of weakness should be highlighted at first and the students must concentrate on them fully for eliminating their anxieties regarding these topics.
- For ACCUPLACER Math prep, there is no alternative for practice tests. In fact, it is possible to convert the areas of weakness into strength by taking mock tests during different stages of preparation.
- Choosing the study materials for ACCUPLACER Math prep is a crucial decision and preparing a checklist is necessary for making the right choices in this regard.
The following points include a checklist of prep resources from ACCUPLACER Math test
- Math for the ACCUPLACER by Bob Miller: In this book there are four practice tests for each section of Mathematics along with specific reviews on all the topics of mathematics.
- Elementary Algebra by Schaum is a book that includes practice tests and answer explanations, the applications of basic algebraic operations and the latest updates in Elementary Algebra.
- While books or study guides are useful for ACCUPLACER math prep, practice tests for this subject is significant as the aspirants of this test get an opportunity to sharpen their skills in each topic of mathematics. For practice tests, the students can log on to http://media.collegeboard.com/digitalServices/pdf/accuplacer/accuplacer-sample-questions-for-students.pdf
- For ACCUPLACER Math prep, the candidates taking this test must not forget the online resources, as well. In order to obtain an online guide for mathematics, YourTeacher is an excellent source of preparation. For details regarding their plans, students can log on to http://www.mathhelp.com/accuplacer-math-test-prep.php.
- The test takers can seek help from the practice questions that are offered by AIMS Community College and considered useful for ACCUPLACER Math prep. For more details, the students must log on to http://www.aims.edu/student/testing/studyguides/Arithmetic.pdf for Arithmetic, http://www.aims.edu/student/testing/studyguides/elemalg.pdf for Elementary Algebra, and http://www.aims.edu/student/testing/studyguides/colalg.pdf for College-Level Math.
Those students, who are preparing for ACCUPLACER, should follow a meticulous approach while considering the options of ACCUPLACER math prep. The prep modes for ACCUPLACER Math are extremely significant as the requirements are different for the test takers. However, a combination of good prep materials along with the methods of studying enables the students to obtain valid scores and proceed with a rewarding career in mathematics.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page