Accuplacer Math Exam
5 Things You Need to Know About Accuplacer Math Exam
If you are embarking on a college career then you need to take a college entrance examination, in order to assess the subject/subjects that you can major in. Otherwise also, you will need to take the Accuplacer math exam to convince the admissions authorities of colleges, that you have a working knowledge of Mathematics. Hence, you must prepare well for the test and to do so you must have a thorough knowledge of the Accuplacer math exam.
5 Important Points About Accuplacer Mathematics
The following list will help you understand the Accuplacer math exam better:
The Accuplacer math exam comprises 3 sub-parts, which are as follows:
- Arithmetic: In this sub-section of math Accuplacer you will have to solve problems involving numbers (whole, fractions and decimals), ratio proportion and percentages. You will have to have thorough knowledge of simple Arithmetical operations like addition, subtraction, multiplication and division, in order to answer the questions. To ace the Arithmetic sub-section of math Accuplacer, you must study all the topics that were a part of your high school curriculum especially 7th, 8th and 9th grade.
- Elementary Algebra: This part of the Accuplacer math exam comprises questions that will evaluate your knowledge of basic Algebraic operations like solving linear, simultaneous and quadratic equations. You will also have to apply Algebraic formulas, to solve word problems involving in-equalities, polynomials etc.
- College-level-math: This sub-section of math Accuplacer will examine your knowledge of advanced Mathematics. Problems in this sub-section of the Accuplacer will cover topics like Trigonometry, Co-ordinate Geometry, Algebra up to pre-Calculus, Matrices, Probability and sequence of numbers. For this sub-segment, you must study the Mathematics topics covered in 11th and 12th grades.
What is the nature of math Accuplacer question paper? Like all the other segments of the test, math Accuplacer also comprises multiple-choice questions. Other than that, it is a computer adaptive examination, which means the difficulty level of the questions will progressively increase, based on the answers you provide. For each sub-section of math Accuplacer, the CollegeBoard has allotted a different number of questions and they are as follows:
- The Arithmetic sub-segment of Accuplacer consists of 17 questions.
- The Elementary Algebra sub-section consists of 12 questions.
- The College-level-math comprises 20 problems.
How to prepare for math Accuplacer? Since the Accuplacer primarily covers topics, which you have studied in high-school, you can consider preparing for the test on your own. Otherwise, you can enroll in an online course or approach your local college for Accuplacer training classes.
What is the scoring system? Like the rest of the examination, there are no pass or fail marks for the Accuplacer math exam. Moreover, there is no negative marking for a wrong answer and hence, if you are unsure about a particular answer, you can go ahead and take a guess. Based on the total number of correct answers that you have given you will get your final score. You will also receive percentile rank corresponding to this score.
What is the duration of the test? The Accuplacer is not a timed examination and hence, even for the Mathematics segment of the test there is no specific time limit. Nevertheless, it has been found that students take about 90 minutes for the entire examination. Based on that you should take approximately 1.3 minutes to solve each question of math Accuplacer.
Based on the above-mentioned list you will be able to develop a concept regarding the nature of the Accuplacer math exam.
Links to Help You Gain Further Insight into Math Accuplacer
If you visit the official website for the Accuplacer examination, you will find details regarding the various sections of the test. This website also has a separate link to answer the frequently asked questions. (FAQs). Go through both of these links to understand the examination better. For your convenience, the links have been mentioned below:
Other than that, based on the information provided in the above-mentioned section, you can also develop an idea about math Accuplacer. The list of the important points about the test, which have been discussed in the first section of this article, will also help you evaluate and prepare for Accuplacer Mathematics. So study all the points carefully to gain thorough understanding of the examination.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page