Accuplacer Essay Topics
What do Accuplacer Essay Topics Test?
If you have looked for information on Accuplacer, you will find that this assessment examination is in the multiple-choice format, except for the essay assessment called the WritePlacer. Like the other sections, you will find that this part of the test is also untimed and you can write the essay at a pace that you find comfortable. It is important for you to start preparing for the examination as soon as you can by writing essays on a regular basis. You can look up for the Accuplacer essay topics and then write an essay every day. This way, you will be able to improve your writing ability and you will also be able to score high in the actual test. Now, when it comes to WritePlacer test, you may be wondering what skills are tested in this part of the exam. You can learn more about this by continuing to read this article.
Skills Tested by Accuplacer Essay Topics
Here are some of the skills that will be tested when you take the essay test of the Accuplacer:
- Writing Skill: The most important skill that will be assessed through the Accuplacer essay topics is your ability to write the essay on the topic that has been provided to you. You need to know that if you want to succeed in the college-level course that you are planning to pursue, you need to know how to write effectively. Your piece of writing will be scored on how you are able to present the message to the readers in the most effective manner.
- Focus: Another important skill that will be determined through the Accuplacer essay topics is your ability to focus on the topic provided to you. It will assess how well you can stick to a particular point or idea without getting distracted.
- Legibility of content: As you are aware, the essay that you write on will be considered to be good if you are able to structure your sentences properly. The sentences you write should be easily understood by the readers and they should also be correct grammatically.
- Creativity: Everyone will agree that the Accuplacer essay topics are all about testing the creativity of a candidate too. You will need to make good use of your brain and churn out ideas that will be used in the essay. This required creativity and if you are creative, you will be able to come out with brilliant ideas that will wow the reader.
Sample Accuplacer Essay Topics
In the essay section, you need to explain the topics that are being given to you and then you need to write your essay on the basis of whether you are for or against the topics. You also need to provide supporting details. Given below are some of the Accuplacer essay topics that you can write about when you are preparing for the WritePlacer test:
- Education is important for an individual to succeed.
- Global warming is a serious problem and has to be addressed immediately.
- Politicians only want to please the general public so that they can get more votes. They are not interested in the well-being of the society.
- Children should not be exposed to the Internet because it has more harm than benefits.
- It is best for children to have siblings because being an only child has many drawbacks.
- Students should not stay at home when they are studying in college. They should stay in a dormitory or somewhere else.
- Can money buy happiness?
- Computer games are having a negative effect on people's lives.
- Should schools have uniforms?
- Young adult drivers should be supervised by their guardians or parents for a minimum of one year.
As you can see, the essay test will determine several skills of the students which are important for getting admission in colleges. It is important that you practice writing essays daily by using the topics given above so that you can score high in the examination.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page