Elementary Algebra in ACCUPLACER
What does ACCUPLACER Elementary Algebra Contain?
The ACCUPLACER is an examination that is taken by those candidates who wish to enrol for a college-level course in the United States. This computerized test is important because it will determine whether you are eligible for admission in the program that you wish to pursue. There are three sections in this exam and these are Writing, Reading and Math. It is essential that you get a good score in each of the sections because your final score will depend on all these test areas. You need to make sure that you are preparing for all the sections effectively so that you can get a good score. When it comes to math, many students feel that they are not good at it and as such, they are discourage to prepare for it effectively. However, you should not let your weakness in this subject let you down because even if you are not very good at it, you can still get a good score as long as you study for it. There are three areas that will be tested in Mathematics section and these are College-level Math, Elementary Math and Arithmetic. In this article; we will be talking about the elementary algebra in ACCUPLACER and what you can expect in this part of the test.
Contents of the Elementary Algebra
It is important for you to know that if you want to score high in the elementary algebra of ACCUPLACER, you need to first understand what is included in this part of the test. The main purpose of this test is to determine whether you have the skills to work on problems based on algebraic concepts. Here are some of the points that you should keep in mind when it comes to this:
- You will find a total of twelve questions in this part of the test and all of them will be in the form of multiple-choice questions. There will be five answer options for each question, from where you need to select one option that you feel is the right answer.
- The questions that will be asked in this portion of the exam will cover operations with algebraic expressions; equations, word problems and inequalities; operations with rational numbers and integers.
- Under operations with algebraic expressions, you will find problems based on evaluation of simple expressions and formulas, simplification of algebraic functions, rational roots, exponents, factoring, polynomials, monomials, etc.
- Under equations, word problems and inequalities, the questions that will be asked will be based on inequalities, linear equations, graphing, geometric reasoning, algebraic expressions, etc.
- Last but not the least, in the operations with integers and rational numbers in algebra you will find problems that will include computation of negative rationals and integers, ordering and utilization of absolute values.
You need to get a very clear idea about what will be asked in the algebra portion so that you can prepare for the same effectively. Now that you are aware what will be included in this part of the exam, you can undertake necessary measures to study for the test properly.