What an ACCUPLACER Book should Contain?
The dream of pursuing college studies is often hindered for those students who are unable to continue their education in their chosen fields. Therefore, taking the ACCUPLACER test is the correct option for these candidates as the scores obtained by them in this exam allow the admission authorities to choose those courses that align with their skills and abilities. In short, ACCUPLACER is a skill assessment test that paves the way for the students to continue their studies in college.
There are ten sections in ACCUPLACER test and the students are required to answer multiple-choice questions in each one of them except for WritePlacer or the essay writing section. The test sections of ACCUPLACER are summed up in the following points:
- Sentence Skills
- Reading Comprehension
- Elementary Algebra
- College-Level Math
- ESL - Reading Skills
- ESL - Sentence Meaning
- ESL - Listening
- ESL - Language Use
What is the significance of an ACCUPLACER book while preparing for this test? Ideally, books are considered as traditional modes of preparation and preferred by a majority of students. However, when they are competing with other students in a test like ACCUPLACER, there are certain features that must be present in the prep books. In the following points, the aspirants of this exam will come to know about the essential aspects of an ACCUPLACER book:
- The contents of an ACCUPLACER book should be in alliance with the format of this test. Although the subjects of this test are common, there is a specific pattern that is followed by each section of the test. Therefore, a book must cater to requirements of the students as far as their skills levels are concerned.
- For an ACCUPLACER book that is meant for preparation, the lessons must be followed by exercises and answer explanations for eliminating lack of confidence and anxiety that is often encountered by the students.
- Ideally, the students must choose those books that contain the test sections separately. This is better as some students might require more attention with a few sections of the test when compared with the fellow test takers.
- An ACCUPLACER book should provide a discursive portion on the format or structure of the test thereby enabling them to concentrate on each section of the test.
- The books of ACCUPLACER should consist of full-length mock tests on each section of the test.
- An ACCUPLACER book must have lessons that are inundated with lots of examples for better understanding of the students. Additionally, the lessons must be based on the topics that are covered in ACCUPLACER.
- A good book for ACCUPLACER should offer adequate illustrations regarding the test questions besides the practice tests.
While a test taker must verify the contents of an ACCUPLACER book before buying it, for the convenience of the students, a review of some of the books for ACCUPLACER are provided in the points below:
- ACCUPLACER Test Success: Practice Tests for the ACCUPLACER Exam: This is a book that consists of three full-length practice tests for ACCUPLACER along with answer explanations and stepwise guidance for all the sections of this test. The questions of this test and the format are exactly similar with the actual exam. Besides this, the explanations offered for English and Math section is extremely useful for the students.
- Verbal Prep for the ACCUPLACER by Douglas C. French: This book consists of tips and techniques for scoring high in ACCUPLACER followed by two full-length practice exams and appropriate feedback on the lessons.
- Math for ACCUPLACER by Bob Miller: This ACCUPLACER book consists of a detailed account of all the three sections of mathematics of this exam. Along with practice tests, the book contains, explanations, exercises, the strategies of taking of finding solutions to math problems.
The choice of an appropriate ACCUPLACER book accounts for the success of the students to a great extent. Therefore, the candidates of this test must pay attention to the details during the selection of books for ACCUPLACER for the fulfillment of their academic goals.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page