Accuplacer Assessment Test
What does Accuplacer Assess?
Have you been told by your college that in order to take admission in one of their programs, you need to take a placement test called the Accuplacer assessment test? If this is the case, you may want to find out as much information as you can about it. The Accuplacer is an examination used by educational institutions to determine whether you should be given admission into the program that you wish to pursue or not.
What is Assessed by the Accuplacer?
There are many educational institutions in the United States that require candidates to take the Accuplacer Assessment test as a part of their admission process. Are you wondering what is assessed by this exam? Given below are some of the things that are determined by the use of this examination's result:
- Eligibility for admission: This is perhaps the most important assessment that is made by the Accuplacer. It will help the educational institutions determine whether the application of a particular candidate should be considered for admission in a college-level program that he has chosen or not. The result of the exam will serve as one of the determinants in choosing the candidates for the courses.
- Determination of skills: One other purpose of the Accuplacer Assessment test is to determine the skills that you possess. If you have the skills that are required for and relevant to the course that you wish to pursue, then you will be considered for admission. On the other hand, if you do not possess the necessary skills, then your application may get rejected.
- Determination of courses that will suit you: Since this exam will assess what skills you possess, you will be able to find out which courses you can opt for that will match your abilities. This way, you will be able to undertake a course that. This way, you will be able to undertake a course that you will be able to succeed in.
More about Accuplacer
It is essential that you know more about the Accuplacer Assessment test so that you will be able to prepare for the same in the most effective manner. Given below are some points that you need to be aware of about this examination:
- You will be taking the test on a computer and as such, you need to know the basic computer skills.
- There are three sections in this exam and these are Math, Writing and Reading tests. Your score will depend on all these sections so make sure that you study for them effectively.
- There is no time limit and you can take your own time to complete all the questions in all the sections. You can work at a pace that is convenient to you without worrying about the time.
- Since this is a multiple-choice type exam, you will find five answer options for each question and you have to choose one option that you believe is the correct answer.
- Ensure that you are sure about the answer before you move on to the next question because once you move ahead; you will not be able to go back and change your answer.
- Once the Accuplacer assessment test is completed, you will be able to view your score instantly on the computer screen. This is because the exam is computerized and the system will calculate your score automatically as soon as you finish all the questions. You will be given the option to print your result once you get your score.
Keep in Mind...
It is essential that you score high in this examination because the result will help in determining whether you qualify for the college-level course that you wish to pursue. It will be a good idea if you take the help of a guide book or a course to help you prepare for this test so that you will be able to score high in it.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page