Accuplacer Algebra Test
5 Things You Need to Know About Accuplacer Algebra Test
The Mathematics section of the Accuplacer comprises 3 sub-segments, one of which is Elementary Algebra. If you want to fare well in the Mathematics section of the test then you must make certain that you answer the questions in Accuplacer Algebra test, to the best of your abilities. In order to ensure that, the following section of this article will discuss some of things that you must take into account while preparing for the Accuplacer Algebra test.
Points to Remember While Preparing for Accuplacer Elementary Algebra
The Accuplacer Algebra test is an effort by the CollegeBoard to evaluate the knowledge of Algebra that you have acquired in your high school years. So while preparing for the test, ensure that you remember the following points:
- What is the syllabus? To make certain that you prepare for the Accuplacer Algebra test in an organized manner, you must have a thorough understanding of the topics on which the questions will be formulated. The Elementary Algebra sub-section comprises problems involving equations (linear, simultaneous and quadratic), numbers (polynomials, monomials and imaginary), in-equalities, exponents, roots and factorizations. In order to solve the problems, you will have to apply one or more Algebraic formulas.
- What is the nature of the question paper? Like the other sub-segments of Accuplacer Mathematics, the Algebra sub-section also comprises of multiple-choice questions. You will have to solve a total of 17 questions in the Elementary Algebra sub-section. Since the entire Accuplacer is a computer adaptive examination, the difficulty level of the questions that you will come across in the Elementary Algebra sub-section will progressively increase based on the answers you provide.
- What is the time allotted? There is no specific time limit to solve the Elementary Algebra sub-section and that is so because the Accuplacer is not a timed examination. However, you will be able to solve each question in the Accuplacer Algebra test in 1.5 minutes and can complete the examination within a reasonable time limit of say, 90 minutes.
- What is the scoring system? The score you receive in the Accuplacer Algebra test is a part of the total score that you receive for the Mathematics section. Other than that, a separate score and a percentile rank (corresponding to the score), are also reported for the Elementary Algebra sub-section. The percentile rank is calculated by taking into account your score and the performance of other candidates taking a similar examination.
- How to prepare for the Accuplacer Algebra test? The questions that you will come across in the Elementary Algebra sub-section will be based on topics, which were a part of your Mathematics curriculum from grades 7th to 10th. So the best method to prepare for this sub-segment of the Accuplacer is to revise all that you have studied under Algebra, in your high-school and practice solving similar questions.
The above-mentioned list points out some of the things that you should take into account while preparing for Accuplacer Algebra test. The following section of this article will help you further with your preparation.
Links to Help You Prepare for the Examination
If you are preparing for the Accuplacer Algebra test on your own, then you will need some resources from where you can access sample questions. The best method to do so is to go online and check some of the free sample Accuplacer questions available on various websites. Some of the authentic websites, which consist of good Accuplacer Algebra sample questions, are as follows:
The first link belongs to the official website and hence, the questions that you will come across here are all authentic. The second link is of Montgomery College, Maryland and since, these sample Accuplacer Algebra questions are available on the official website of the college itself, you can be assured of the legitimacy of these questions.
You should go through the questions available in both of these websites and try to solve all the questions under Elementary Algebra. This will help you gain a better understanding of the nature of the questions and the processes to solve them. After that you can chart out a preparatory method, based on your strengths and weaknesses, keeping in mind the list of essential features of the Accuplacer Algebra test.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page